Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Developing my own style

I look through my craft books and love what I see on those pages, I want my work to almost mirror image it with it's own spin.  I try, very hard I may add- but I am learning that my own spin on things I like is what describes me.  There are so many ways my art tells stories about me, about my life, my laughter and tears.  My love for vintage things and how they tell a story without saying a word.

I also attribute my own personal style to who I am, I wonder- do I dress like an artsy person?  On a comfy day I would say sweats and tee- shirt are my go to. Although when I go out, I love flowy tops and cardigans, oh- and a flower in my hair (yes I steal my daughters:)  Yet, I again realize my style is well- what I manage to pull together, some days worse than others, but I love fashion. I love makeup and well art.  I also love to make my home look pretty, I want my surroundings to speak volumes of who I am and how I want our house to be, comfy and neat, shabby and antique, but new.  Ahhh, home is where I am me, it is where I love to be. I am the definition of a home body unless you are talking about an art shop, flea market or makeup or clothes shopping- other than that home is my place to create my crafts and nurture my family.

So as years flow by my style evolves and I am sure it will continue to evolve in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment