Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sweet December

As the days of December rush by I find myself feeling a bit more cheery, you see since I was a little girl I've loved the holidays. This year as they draw near I am thinking of crafty ways to give gifts and package them this year.  ( NO more just paper!) I grabbed my favorite magazine somersette life, full of creative ways to wrap your lovely gifts. So this afternoon I was looking through my beloved collection of fabrics and got to it. A pair of earrings a lady had ordered for her mother, a sweet surprise for my grandma, both wrapped in fabric.  My Grandmas in a strawberry print that reminded me of her. My customer a charming polka-dot green. Both with hand made tags to accompany the packages home made flair.

I am in the mist of starting an etsy account to share my work with all of you and the rest of the people stopping by to see what I have filling my shelves with ready to be purchased from my home.
  One thing I learned growing up was how magical Christmas was.  It wasn't until I became older that I realized what that magic was. it was what you made of it.   So I am off to "make" Christmas a tad more special this year.
As this is my first blog I hope you will enjoy your walk with me through my way of figuring out all the stuff that clouds the moments in life that should be clear, my growth as an artist. ( which I never really considered myself until my son announced at pre-school his mommy was an artist.)  Not to mention the simple things- like figuring out how to run my own little business while running around after two kids all day!  As I close my entry to go get my cup of lavender tea for the night, I thank you for walking with me on my journey.

3 comments:

  1. You have always been an artist in my eyes! I am so proud of you for taking this leap and showing the world how creative you are! You are one amazing lady Jessica...can't wait to see what's coming next! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Anna- my latest blog mentions you, I think you'll know where-<3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 supposed to be a heart anna! Ha!

    ReplyDelete